We operate multiple facilities in California specializing in Outpatient Physical Therapy, Aquatic Therapy, Women’s Health, as well as Wellness, Fitness and Weight Management. We believe that our mantra “living life well” not only applies to our approach to patient care, but also towards our company culture. If you believe you can enrich the lives of patients as well as your coworkers, then this opportunity may be right for you.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Physical Therapist assesses the need for, develops, and delivers physical therapy programs to facilitate rehabilitation. The Physical Therapist identifies the need for and makes referral(s) to other disciplines to address the comprehensive needs of patients. He/she will implement individualized therapy programs designed to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. In addition, the Physical Therapist instructs, educates, and trains patients and caregivers in those skills and functions essential for promoting independence and productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology. He/she directs activities to promote and maintain health.
As necessary or applicable, supervision of Physical Therapy Assistants, temporary licensees, students and support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards. Makes referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to address the comprehensive needs of the patient. Consults and collaborates with other members of the health care team to select the most appropriate therapeutic plan consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient. Adapts program and/or plan of care according to the needs of individual patient. Promotes a safe environment and enforces safety hazards.
Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history, systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures, synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it, identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care. Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration with the patient and caregivers, implements the physical therapy treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and record keeping regarding these services. Selects appropriate activities suited to the individual’s physical and mental capacity, intelligence level and interest. Instructs patient in the skills and techniques required for participation in mobility activities, and evaluates patient progress, attitudes and behavior as related to rehabilitative potential.
Performs routine reexamination as needed/required to modify/progress plan of treatment.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Hold a valid Physical Therapy license in CA, or proof of license eligibility.
- A Master’s degree in Physical Therapy or a related field.
- For those who completed Physical Therapy education prior to January 1, 2002, a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy (or related field), plus five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in Physical Therapy will be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- A foreign-degree equivalent to the first professional degree, consistent with state licensing rules, will be accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Candidate must be familiar with the California Physical Therapy Board laws and regulations. Must understand clearly the law and regulations regarding the supervision of Physical Therapist assistants and the use of physical therapy aides for patient related and non patient related tasks.
- Must also be knowledgeable of Medicare rules pertaining to group therapy.
- Base salary of $85k to $92k annually
- Productivity bonus of $6,000 per year
- CE Reimbursement
- 401k plan
- Malpractice insurance of $2m per occurrence, $4m aggregate
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY:
Please contact Eric at 800-637-4124 to discuss this Physical Therapy opportunity in Bakersfield CA.
- Address Bakersfield, California, United States
- Compensation $90,000
- Job Setting Outpatient